Forum Phootballnet Polska Strona Główna
POMOC Rejestracja SzukajFAQ UżytkownicyGrupy Zaloguj
Five Benefits of Appearing on a Guest Podcast

Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Phootballnet Polska Strona Główna » Reprezentacja Polski Zobacz poprzedni temat
Zobacz następny temat
Five Benefits of Appearing on a Guest Podcast
Autor Wiadomość
bonnaseo101216
Młodziak

Post Five Benefits of Appearing on a Guest Podcast Odpowiedz z cytatem
You might not know this about me, but in 2016 I started a podcast. It was called The Fine Point, and it was a podcast about hot and important topics in digital marketing. We had some pretty incredible guests on that podcast. Not to brag (well, maybe a little), but we had Larry Kim, Rand Fishkin, and tons of other super talented people join us to talk about all kinds of topics: their new projects, the industry, and so much more. It was, hands down, some of the most fun I’ve ever had at work. There are two critical points I want you to know about The Fine Point. The first is that I had never listened to a podcast when I decided to start one. Although I don’t recommend this approach, it did mean I was able to explore and build without any preconceived notions about what a podcast should be. The second thing you should know is that this podcast is no longer in production, due to circumstances outside of my control.

It was like a big silky Sasquatch: here in all its glory one moment, slipping out of view the next. I have no regrets. Everything turned out for the best, and I learned a ton about the benefits of hosting a podcast. Interestingly, thanks to the increased exposure, I was subsequently asked to be a guest on several podcasts. This time I’m actually not bragging. I bring it up because the experience has given me a Timeshare Owners Email List unique 360-degree perspective on why it’s worth your while to be a guest on a podcast—and I want to share that with you. Why a Podcast? Before we dive into the details around the WHY, let’s start with the WHAT. As in, what is the deal with podcasts? Why are they a thing? And we’ll toss a little WHEN in for good measure, to give you some background on the topic as well. For full transparency: my perspective is colored by the fact that I have a lot of opinions about everything, have been doing marketing for a long time, and is punctuated by some interesting facts about this new-but-quickly-maturing content channel. As I was researching this article, I ran across the origins of the word “podcast.

I thought you’d find it as interesting as I did: it’s a combination of the word “iPod” and “broadcast” (PodcastHero.com). A nice little portmanteau! You should also know that podcasts may seem new, but they’re not. They’ve been around for more than a decade (Forbes). We just hear about them a lot more often these days. My theory is that as technology has improved, and content creation has taken the main stage for marketers, the barrier to entry from a producer side is low. And as the volume of content on topics people cared about rose, we get to benefit from a perfect confluence of producers and consumers. The result? Podcasts are everywhere. Also, have you listened to the radio lately? It sucks. It’s absolutely terrible. There is a statistic floating around about how 90 percent of people listen to the radio, and I’m pretty confident that if they’re doing so, it’s under duress. (Editor’s note: This study pegs it at 93 percent.) As a cord cutter, I have limited exposure to advertising. And when I do happen to accidentally hear an ad on the radio, it makes me Charlie Sheen-level crazy because it’s downright insulting.

Czw Maj 02, 2024 04:59 Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Czw Maj 02, 2024 04:59
Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Phootballnet Polska Strona Główna » Reprezentacja Polski Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: